Exhaust Air Heat Pumps
Why choose an exhaust air heat pump?
Primarily because the type of building (usually new build) must be ventilated
- An all-in-one units – Heat-recovery ventilation, Heating & Hot water.
- Ideal for smaller new homes or Passive House that will be at a high level of air-tightness and low heat loss
- Usually less cost than buying separate traditional solutions and a stand-alone heat recovery unit.
- Good solution for multiple small dwellings such as apartments, more cost effective than district heating, more environmentally friendly than multiple gas boilers etc
- We have a choice of different models to suit different requirements
- Connects easily to Solar Thermal – in fact the on-board controls of all our heat pumps can control solar thermal systems.
- Works well with a room sealed stove (separate air supply for combustion)
- Possible to dock with a Nibe EAHP with a gas boiler as back up for extreme weather
Note : If the building will be more than 150SQ M, or has a total heat loss of more than 2-3 kW then consider one of
our ground source or air to water units with an integral ventilation module .
For air-tight, low energy builds, where ventilation is a must, choose an Exhaust Air Heat-Pump. This will re-cycle the heat from your house’s ventilation system. These machines are ideal for apartments and more compact air-tight low energy or passive homes. Air is drawn through ducts to the heatpump from the bathrooms, utility and kitchen areas. The cold waste air is discharged to outside through another duct, and condensation to a drain.
Not only that, the additional heat generated internally from lighting,
people and domestic appliances is also utilised through heat recovery.